International Youth Day is commemorated every year on the 12 August and the theme for International Youth Day 2018 is “Safe Space for Youth”.
To keep in touch with our tech-driven and interconnected world, people of different generations are using internet and social media in their everyday lives. They are using internet usage and social media for everything from taking photos of breakfast to reading business and political headlines. In honor of International Youth Day, we compile some helpful tips to create safe digital space for youths from all over the world.
- We know that everyone loves “Facebooking” but facebook requires everyone to be at least 13 years old before they can create an account. (Age requirement is same for twitter and Instagram).
- There are consequences of oversharing on social media. Don’t forget to protect your privacy, personal information and stay smart online.
- “Sign in” and “Sign out” in public computers. When using public computers in office, cybercafe or library, be sure to sign out from every email and social networking account.
- Create strong passwords and keep them secure. You are going to forget some passwords anyway. Don’t forget to add account recovery options by using email address or phone numbers.
- Think before you post. You’ve got be careful with what you post online because what you post on the internet is permanent after all (there are “Screenshot” and “Save”) and can quickly spread to other users beside your Friends and Followers.
Youths from the different backgrounds need to be assured of respect and self-worth in digital space to contribute themselves to community development. Zabai has been developing new ways and rules in LMS courses to court those essences of the nation who are also known as “Youths”. Our E-learning courses are helping especially youths from the developing nations to grow in technologically connected world.