Zabai is currently engaged in a number of innovative and exciting projects. We are now looking for two IT developers who will be a part of our IT team in Zabai. The team is responsible to maintain and develop our LMS-environment, including Moodle instance. The role will be working in close contact the product owner. This position is a part of our Global Exchange Program. The exchange takes place between our offices in Norway and Myanmar. All jobs are full-time positions for one year. Commencement date is January/February 2020. This is a unique opportunity to work abroad!
Technical skills requirements
- Some development experience and a strong interest for Information Technology
- Some experience designing, implementing and testing IT systems / web-solutions. Including communication with the end-user and understanding the end-user need / perspective
- Knowledge of system design and architecture
- Knowledge of at least one programming language
- Strong interest in learning and developing within the domain of IT
- Experience with the Linux operating system (preferably Amazon Linux, which is based on RHEL/CentOS).
- Some database experience and knowledge of SQL
- Basic hands-on knowledge of Git
- Knowledge of what agile development / Scrum is.
- Experience with web development (php, html, css, js / jQuery - ideally with modern frontend frameworks like React or Angular)
- Experience with configuring, maintaining and monitoring AWS services, specifically EC2, Elastic Beanstalk, Elastic Load balancer, VPC, CloudWatch, IAM etc.
- Test planning, test scripting, test execution
- Automated testing
- Continuous integration / Bitbucket pipelines
- REST services integration / experience with utilizing REST API in code.
- Basic experience with Atlassian Bitbucket / Jira / Confluence.
- Experience with configuring, maintaining and using MySQL database.
- Experience working in agile development projects.
- Advanced English communication skills (written and verbal).
- Structured, well organized and self-driven
- Self-motivated, able to work independently but also be a good team worker
- Culture sensitive
- The successful candidate must be loyal to accept Zabai’s Code of Conduct
We can offer
- Exciting and meaningful projects in a small international company
- An opportunity to live and work in another country and culture
- Great opportunity to develop yourself and the company
- Study 1-2 days a week at the University of Oslo (UIO) or equivalent
- Terms and conditions according to Norec’s standards
Workplace: Oslo, Norway
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume and covering letter to